hello! i've just played this game and had lots of fun. here's what i wrote down:
- Character control is great - squash and stretch and sounds help
- Graphics are pleasant
- Using slingshot is inherently fun and I like how it physically interacts with terrain. Puzzles where you have to think about where the orb is were my favorite.
- If player isn't inputting anything in air, character should slow down. Right now they keep going, which feels unnatural.
- Footstep noises don't match cute character or soft looking ground
- Strong Celeste vibes
- Puzzle where you have to leave orb behind and complete platforming challenge yourself before using it to cross spike gap is super clever
- Final challenge of first level is really hard haha, harder than anything in the second level since it requires such precise timing and positioning
- The green blocks that care about the position of your orb are a great idea. This made the 2nd level stand out to me much more than the first
- There's a bug where your orb will sometimes return to you before you want it to, without you touching it. That makes the "puzzle" room in the second stage frustrating
- There's what looks like an exit in one of the later second stage rooms, on the ceiling, but it kills you if you try to go up it! I was later again killed by the top of the screen near the end of the second level, despite nothing being there. I get that it's a kill field but it's unintuitive.
Can't wait to see this developed further, it's got lots of potential!